GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a golfbuddy world,the touch screen got splashed with

Customer Question
a little water and it...
i have a golfbuddy world,the touch screen got splashed with a little water and it will not work.i wiped it off right away. every thing else works.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
7/26/2015
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, you only have limited options here. You could try opening the device, and letting it fully dry out. And then hoping that it works after it dries internally. I suggest submerging it in a bag of uncooked white rice. That tends to help pull out the moisture. If that doesnt get it working. Then you should contact golfbuddy by going to this link http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/ Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click under support where it says repairs. Sign into your golfbuddy account, and then contact support and ask them what they will charge to repair it. If they are charging over 100$ to repair it. Id strongly consider replacing the unit with a newer model instead.. Such as this one. http://amzn.to/1S2tg6O Or even the Garmin Approach series http://amzn.to/1U0kofr If you have any further questions, let me know~ I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Senior Technician