GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

My becker map pilot has died i pushed reset button now car

Customer Question
and computer do not recognise...
my becker map pilot has died i pushed reset button now car and computer do not recognise unit
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
7/12/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If that were all there is to it, then the conclusion is obvious: your Becker map pilot has 'broken'. However, if it had no problems before you pressed the reset button, then there may be some hope for it. Did you hold down the reset button for a long time, continuously, or just briefly? some devices reinitialize their internal settings if you hold a reset button down for a long time. Some devices of the type, though, will recover some function (provided they are not completely 'dead', not showing any signs of power, lights, etc. in the way of electronic activity), if they are synced with their computer-side host software, which often re-writes the internal software of the device to a point where it can work again, if internal software corruption is the problem. For a Becker Map Pilot device, this is best done by connecting it to a computer on which the Becker Content Manager is installed, started, and running. http://www.mybecker.com/enUK/mainnavigation/becker-map-pilot/downloads/ is where the Becker Content Manager may be downloaded and installed from, whether onto a Windows PC or an Apple computer. But if the device truly seems 'dead', remove its battery, and leave it that way undisturbed for overnight or several days, then put the battery back in, and try it again. It might... perhaps... just need time to 'recover'.
Thank you Russell
The Becker is less than a year old is was connected to the content manager it asked me to reset it I did at that point it lost contact with the contact manager it no longer shows as a drive on my computer and the car no longer recognises it I have tried on an apple and a PC it appears the reset just knocked it out
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Since the device is under a year old. Your best bet at this point is to locate the serial number on the device and then give the support team a call so you can arrange a warranty exchange.
You can reach the Service Team at +1 855 492 676 5 (free of charge within Canada and USA). Our customer service is there for you from Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm (all time zones) and offers support in English language.
Have the serial number of the Becker MAP PILOT on hand if possible. You can find the serial number of the back of the device under the bar code
If you have further questions, you are welcome to respond.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you viewed my reply.
Did you still need help with this issue?
Dustin S.
Dustin, Senior Technician