Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I update my unit

Customer Question

How do I update my unit
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What model is this?
.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To update your magellan you first need to connect your Magellan to your computer via its USB cord. Leave the magellan turned off for now.
Once connected, we next need to download and install the free Magellan content manager program from here.
http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager
It has links for both windows and mac. download and install the content manager on your computer.
Then , open and run the magellan content manager program so it is on screen.
Once it is on screen. Turn on your Magellan GPS.
The content manager will recognize it is connected. And then it will ask you to update it. This will be a minor software update first.
If you want to update the maps, you have to go to this link
http://www.magellangps.com/Map-Upgrades-Support
And enter your magellan model. And it will tell you if there is a new map update for sell. ( there probably is ) Once you purchase the map update.
It will then download and install the map through the Content manager program that we previously downloaded.
Those steps will walk you through updating the software and the maps.
If you get stuck or run into any issues at all, let me know and I will assist you further as needed.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.