Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Like to update my 2009 garmin. what well it cost me for

Customer Question

Like to update my 2009 garmin.
what well it cost me for a life time member ship
and the one year .
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the MODEL of your device?
May I also ask the "general condition" of the device, such as IF it still operates well - or if you have had ANY issues with it at all?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first note, but want to send the following information anyway.
If you are referring to an "automotive" device, and assuming it still works well AND has plenty of memory space available AND you want ALL of North America, Lifetime Map updates are about $90 CAD, and One Time Updates (good for a year) are about $50 CAD. You can see those map offerings at the following Garmin page (scroll a bit to see "Top Picks").
https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/maps/c452-p1.html
Considering that cost, you may also want to look into a NEW device which may INCLUDE Lifetime Map updates. I say this because many of the current device DO include lifetime maps (look for "LM" at the end of the model) and cost about the same or a little bit more than Lifetime Updates for your device.
As a reference, I did a search of Amazon for the "Nuvi LM" and I have a link to the results below. You may want to check the units available and the cost - so you can compare with the cost of maps alone.
http://amzn.to/1MM8ccC
I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.
(im)