GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a Garmin Nuvi 50. After using it long time on

Customer Question
I have a Garmin Nuvi...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 50. After using it for a long time on numerous trips, the trip log, the blue line showing where you have been, gets pretty complicated and full. I know I can hide it, but that's not enough. I want to start over with that blue line. How do I get rid of all the blue lines and start over?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
6/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The easiest way to clear out the old data, is by performing a hard reset. Here is how to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujdSP-fM98 If you run into any issues completing the above steps, or if it doesnt work for you send a reply and I will assist you further as needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Yes, I know I can do a hard reset, and I know how to do that. I got that answer long before you sent yours. You say that's the "easiest" way. So is there another way?
Anyway, I don't use youtube, so answers will have to come in some other form.
I only sent the youtube video to show how to do the hard reset, as generally visual steps are easier to follow. But will write out further steps instead of link to videos. Also Im assuming that you have already tried a hard reset as a quick way to clear the data, and the reset did not clear the data. Which is strange, because for a Nuvi 50 model, thats the suggested method to clear the log. If you had a nuvi 55 these steps would work. To clear the trip log on nuvi 55, 56, 57, 58, 65, 66, 67, 68, 2405, 2407, 2408, 2505, 2507, 2508, 2509, 2609, 2707, 2708, 2709, 3400, 3500, 3507, and 3508 series devices, Camper/RV 760 and dezl 570, 760, and 770:Touch Settings.Touch Device.Touch Clear Travel History.Touch Yes to confirm.The trip log is now deleted. But this is the steps for the Nuvi 50 you mentioned. To clear the trip log on a nuvi 30, 40, series or 50, 52, and 54 devices:You will need to perform a master reset.Note: A master reset could erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.Start with the device off and unplugged from power.Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser of a pencil.Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON.Release the power button when the device powers ON.You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"Remove your finger from the screen when this message displaysTouch Yes.If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right.The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites. So if performing the hard reset is not clearing your trip log.. And if the steps for the nuvi 55 wont clear it.. Then what we need to try next is connecting your garmin to a computer. Then, downloading and installing the most recent copy of garmin express from this page http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html Once fully installed, run the Garmin express program, then connect your nuvi to the computer and turn it on, garmin express should detect it and then allow you to update its software. ( it should also verify what model of nuvi you have precisely ) Complete the software update. Then, restart the device again and check. Let me know if this solves the issue, or not. Dustin S.
Hello again.
I havent heard back from you since the 22nd on the Garmin issue.
DId my steps help you solve the problem, do you need further assistance?
Please reply when you can, thank you.
Dustin S.
Dustin, Senior Technician