GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My new Garmin nuvi 55 lm cannot find my home. Our address…

Customer Question
My new Garmin nuvi 55...
My new Garmin nuvi 55 lm cannot find my home. Our address is 706 Road 13 and it always directs us to 1706 Road 13. What's up?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
6/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome to Justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To start with, Lets connect your garmin to a computer. Then, download and install the newest version of garmin express from this page. http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html Once you have ran that file and its went through screens to update garmin express to the newest version. Next, start the garmin express program. Then, connect the Nuvi 55 to your computer and turn it on. Garmin should detect it, and then it should ask you to update its software and maps. Those updates could take up to an hour, or longer if you dont have highspeed internet. Once youve installed the updates. Turn the garmin device off and back on and then see if it will accept your home address now. If you get stuck, run into any issues, or this doesnt solve the problem send a reply and I will assist you further as needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
After plugging in the Garmin nuvi I get no indication of anything. I started garmin.com/express. What now?
On the garmin express webpage. Towards the middle - bottom.. Do you see the download box? If so, have you downloaded the program yet? And then installed the Garmin express program onto your computer? If youve done that, what happens when you go to Start, programs, garmin express. Does it start garmin express? If so, with your Nuvi connected to the computer via its usb cord.. Does garmin express detect your device ? And were you able to update its maps and software through garmin express?
Forget the phone call. I can't get the program to install. The download went okay and I hit the install button and let the laptop work for over an hour but ;it did not install the program.Why do I have to pay such big bucks for help when purchasing a new product that doesn't work???
Good afternoon and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Ive just started my shift for today. Will be working for the next 12 hours. Id like to make a few things clear. Were an independent corporation, not garmin. ( though we do provide support for garmin devices, among many others ) If you contacted garmin, theyd likely help you via email. But their average turnaround time per message is around 36 hours ( like most corporate tech support they are understaffed to handle the volume of requests) You dont have to pay for help, I can send you a refund link and your welcome to seek help elsewhere, on forums, or elsewhere on the net. The service / company I work for does not provide free support. We provide live, technical support. And Im certain I can fix the issue you are facing as this is something I deal with dozens of times per week. Since you are having troubles installing the program and getting the device to reset and update its software. Its probably best that I connect to your computer and fix whatever issue is preventing the software install, in person. I am sending you an offer for t hat service. The service is guaranteed, meaning. If I can fix the problem you will be entitled to a 100% refund of all monies paid. If youd like to try that service, accept the offer and I will send you the connection steps. Dustin S.