GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My Garmin Nuvi 760 wont hold a charge any longer?

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
6/18/2015
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The first thing we want to do .. Is attempt a hard reset of the device.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9DGc4g6tY
After completing the hard reset.
If it still wont charge, what we want to do next is check the charging cable, and also the physical port on the nuvi where the charging cable plugs in.
Does it feel loose when its plugged in? If you look inside it, are any of the small copper contacts broken or bent? If everything looks normal then this is a classic case of battery failure. Replacing the battery is in order.
You can order a battery replacement kit here
http://amzn.to/1eshnWf
That kit includes the tools you need to replace the battery, the battery itself , and an instructional video.
If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
I seen your reply, on a duplicate thread.. I closed it and hope you can respond here, on the original question.
When you say the battery is new.. How new?
Also, did you try the hard reset I mentioned?