GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My gps s/n0821000043862 stopped working in route to a dest…

Customer Question
My gps s/n0821000043862 stopped working...
My gps s/n0821000043862 stopped working in route to a destination
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
6/17/2015
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
What is the model number of the GPS, please?
Does anything show on the display, or is it completely dead?
It just stopped working like it froze up where do I find the model # *****# ***** have is s/n 0821000043862
How do I talk with someone
We can reply back and forth here.
Is there any model number on the rear of the device?
What happens if you press and hold the power button on the device?
P/(###) ###-####001-0912 & s/n0821000043862 nothing happens when the power button is pushed
That clock thing starts spinning then stops
Ok, so it is a Magellan Roadmate 9165T LM.
Was it subjected to any extreme temperatures, perhaps mounted on the window on a hot sunny day? If so, this may have damaged the sensitive internal electronics.
If not, then it may have a software fault and you will need to try updating the software using a computer.
http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads
It seems to be working now plugged into the house but not in the r v I up dated it about a week ago & it was not subjected to any heat
Ok, perhaps it was just a temporary problem after the update.
Glad to hear it is working again!
Let me know if you need anything else.
Have a great day,
Pete :)
It doesn't work when plugged in the car
Pete, I need an answer & how much is this costing me. Holley
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have to leave have an appointment & this is taking to much time
Hi Holley,
So it works ok in the house but not when connected to the RV...
it may not be able to receive a satellite signal when in the RV.
Try mounting it closer to the window and let me know if that helps.