GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

We bought our Garmin nuvi 2595LMT a few years ago

Customer Question
for Florida house. It...
We bought our Garmin nuvi 2595LMT a few years ago for Florida house. It was barely used when we recently took on vacation to Hawaii. The first 2 days it worked perfectly, but on the 3rd day in the middle of a field trip it stopped. We unplugged in the middle of our trip that day when we stopped for lunch. When we returned to our car & plugged back in, it would not even turn on. The #s on the box are 010-01002-06 and(###) ###-#### ***** we're not sure we registered it. Can you help, or do we need to send back for repair?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2015
Electronics Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried a different charger yet? Have you ever replaced the battery?
.
No but we will try new battery. Thank you for your time & please insure we are only charged the $5 good faith deposit.
.
We have not done anything yet and I have no control over billing. A battery may not solve your issue especially if you have not yet tried a different charger.
.
Thanks for your help but we have to catch our flight home.