Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have the nuvi 205 version 7.60. I paid the $50.00 when I

Customer Question

I have the nuvi 205 version 7.60. I paid the $50.00 when I purchased the Garmin for updates for the life of the Garmin. I have done updates before and never had a problem, but yesterday and today tried to do updates and it starts out fine in loading up but when it is almost finished, a notification comes up and says it is unable to complete. When I turn on my garmin, the screen says the following-no detailed maps found that support routing. Nuvi can't be used without them.
Then, I go back to try to begin update again, and pc screen says I'm up to date for software version 7.60 for map of lower 49 states 2015.40.
I have serial number for my garmin and registration info. if you need it.
Are you able to help me out? Thanks so much.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
To fix this problem, you will need to ensure that the version of Garmin Express on your computer is fully up to date and then reinstall the maps.
To update Garmin Express, click the Gear icon in the upper right corner and then click "Check for updates to Express" in the About section. Click Install Now to install available updates.
Once Garmin Express is updated, select your Garmin device on the home page and click Map Options - Reinstall Map.