GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I changed my Via series tomtom to Aus maps recently but find…

Customer Question
I changed my Via series...
I changed my Via series tomtom to Aus maps recently but find I don't have an option in Settings to change back to NZ. What do I do to return to my NZ maps?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
6/13/2015
Electronics Technician: TV-Tech1, Customer Service replied 3 years ago
TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Customer Service
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.
I have a Via 1535, don't you have a MAPS button in the settings menu to select your NZ map?
I bought the extended memory card which allows me to have more than 1 map on it. Are you in the same situation, or are you only using the built in memory?
If you did buy it, and you didn't have room for BOTH maps, you probably had to overwrite it with your AUS map. In either case your Tom Tom online account should have saved your map and it's located online.
I know you have to buy the map first, then you should have lifetime updates on it.
I have a "Switch Maps" button which allows me to switch to Aus or UK/Ireland maps, but has no reference to NZ maps. I bought the unit with NZ maps already installed. Before I visited Aus I did the switch and it has remained on the screen. I bought the UK?Ireland map a couple of years ago. As far as I remember the Aus map switched almost immediately.
Ok, I do not KNOW your specific VIA model number, but you do.
If you have LIFETIME maps on your model, you should be able to go to Tom Tom's website, click the SUPPORT TAB. Sign on.
With your GPS disconnected from your computer you should be able to click the icon for Tom Tom on the taskbar/notification bar on the bottom and see the SETTINGS icon on the box. Select it.
Actually I'll show you pictures...a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.
If you have lifetime maps and own the NZ map, clearing the queue let's you redownload your map and add it to your GPS. You may need 3-4 GB of space on your GPS's memory, so be sure you have that on your memory card. If not, consider getting a 2nd card . Here is those pictures --

And here is my website info if you want to look at the information a little closer --
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16216
Good-o. I have a Via 225 and yes, it does have lifetime maps for Aus and NZ. As far as I can determine it has 4GB space.
I will do as you suggest - the pictures worth a thousand words have not actually come through!!
Uh-oh..I can see the thumbnail pictures here on my end. Do you see big open white spaces with a couple VIEW FULL IMAGE in my last response??
Sorry. No, there is just a 2-3cm spacing of complete blank!!
See if that Via support page helps. If not I'll redo the information