GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

ELGrand van: Is it possible to buy a GPS touchscreen in English…

Customer Question
Is it possible to buy...
Is it possible to buy a GPS touchscreen in English for a 2013 Nissan ELGrand van to replace the original touchscreen in Japanese so replacement audio is in English and a New Zealand GPS data base?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 day by:
6/7/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Hello. My name is***** will be your primary care technician.
Unfortunately this wouldn't just be the touchscreen that you would have to replace. You would have to replace the entire unit. And of course if you wanted to do this with the factory unit you would have to go to a dealer and you would end up paying an absolute fortune for it. But, if you didn't mind going to a third-party with an OEM finish, you could probably have this done and it would look very close to the OEM product and would cost to usually somewhere between a reasonable price and a fortune. But generally must much more affordable then having the dealer do it.
Be prepared to pay at least $1000 even for an aftermarket unit. Because if you don't, then you are not getting what you expect for a 2013 vehicle. You might see claims otherwise, but to get a unit that is truly OEM finish and will not impair any of the original functionality, for example if the climate controls are attached to it, then you will want either the OEM model or one of a select few others.
Thank you
You're welcome. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the rating icons, okay, good, or excellent.