GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I'm mike. how are you?

Customer Question
Hi I'm mike. how are you?...
Hi I'm mike.
how are you?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GPS
5/31/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello Mike & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
Since this is the first time you have tried to set up the device, I recommend doing a Master Reset - so that you can start again. I have the procedure to do that below.
Master Reset
================
Start with the device OFF and disconnected from any power.
Touch and HOLD the lower-right corner of the touch screen (NOT the frame).
While holding the screen (keep holding it), power the device ON.
After a few seconds, you should see a message on the screen about clearing the user data.
When you see that message, release the screen and touch the YES button.
The device should now RESET.
Answer any prompts on the screen and then take the unit OUTSIDE to a CLEAR area, so it can lock onto the satellite signals. NOTE: This can take up to 15 minutes after a reset.
================
Example video of reset on Nuvi 2500 series device (Click link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGtTyOt-Hw
Please give that a try and let me know if you have any trouble with the process at all.
Thanks, ***** *****
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)