GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

My 2720 street pilot is having trouble accquiring satelite

Customer Question
when do I need to...
my 2720 street pilot is having trouble accquiring satelite when do I need to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
5/18/2015
Electronics Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
We could try doing a Master Reset and see if that helps.

Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.

Turn off the unit.
With the unit plugged in but turned off, hold down the MENU and MAP buttons at the same time.

While holding the buttons down, turn on the unit and continue holding down the buttons for five seconds.
After five seconds, let go of the buttons.

The screen flickers and then the setup screen displays.
Select the settings you need.

After the StreetPilot is set up, if indoors, please go outside to allow the device to acquire the satellite information from the vehicle. Ensure that the device has a clear line-of-sight with the sky and wait 20 minutes.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

this didn't work at all...furthermore I lost all my favorites and NO recent addresses appeared

.
The very first thing I told you was that it erases favorites.I made sure to bold and underline it for you. However you also could not have tried it. The last thing I said was to wait at least 20 minutes and you replied in 15. Please repeat it exactly the way I said including waiting.
.

how do I( get my recent finds and favorites back

.
I told you in my very first post they would be erased. Since you ignored half of what I sent you I will be opting out because you are now blaming me for what you ignored, and you never even finished all the steps I gave you.
.

YOU are an idiot who needs to uncderstand what was originally asked

Transfer me to someone who can answer my6 questions and get it done now

Relist: Answer quality.
get tghde problem resolved

can I get transferred to someone who understands my issyue yes or no

can i get transferred to someone who can help me solving myu issue yes or no or give me a phone number to call

Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. You have done a reset on the GPS which I concur is the best course of action given your description of the symptoms. As Freddy stated in his instructions, the factory reset erased your favorites data. So those are no longer there and the only way to recover them would be to input them again. Unless you have a backup of them. Also, as Freddy mentioned you do have to leave the GPS out with a clear view of the sky for at least 25 minutes to get its initial cold block on the satellites. This is different from the fix that it normally gets on the satellites where it has some idea of their position. The very first time it does this it's called a cold fix which means it has no idea where the satellites are and it takes quite a long time to acquire them. So these instructions for the reset if done correctly should bring your GPS back to working order. However, the favorites are not something that you will be able to bring back now that the unit has been reset. As I said unless you have a backup. If you do have a backup, I can help you with how to get that restored. Otherwise they will have to be put in manually. Please let me know if you still have questions. Mike
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer