Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I forgot my garmin code how do I unlock it to get home I'm

Customer Question

I forgot my garmin code how do I unlock it to get home I'm in south Carolina my home is Pennsylvania please help me
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
If you have forgotten your 4 digit PIN number then you will need to return the device to your security location.
The security location is the location where you first enabled Garmin Lock on your device. Returning to the security location will unlock your device, provided the device is on and has acquired satellites.
To unlock the device with the security location, it must be within 50 meters or about 164 feet of the set location.
If you have forgotten your security location then you will need to contact Garmin support, and they will require a copy of the receipt to unlock the device for you.