GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Computer will not recognize garmin nuvi 1350. Downloaded USB

Computer will not recognize garmin...
Computer will not recognize garmin nuvi 1350. Downloaded USB driver. Still no luck. Need software reinstalled.. GPS tries to go into update mode and computer picture shows up on screen when driving.
8/31/2013
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

Garmin communicator plugin: https://my.garmin.com/gcpInstall/checkPlugin.htm?target=https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/dashboard/dashboardScanDevice.htm

Garmin express: http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

GArmin express will allow you to update the unit and maps.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face/rating with
poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The
first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two
are positive and only for those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you
are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I
will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question
is only a deposit you can then click accept or one of the smile faces, but
again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The
rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason
please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe, Technician

I already tried updating software from Garmin. The computer will not recognize the device and Garmin can't either.

John,

Did you download and use garmin "EXPRESS"? Along with also downloading the plugin?

Did you try a hard reset of the nuvi to see if that resolved the issue?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes I did the gamin express and downloaded the plugin. It cannot fing the garmin either.

I did a hard reset. pressed the power button for 10 seconds.

John,

Try the other reset which will erase all settings from the garmin but must be tried. Power garmin off, hold right bottom corner of screen while turning unit on and continue to hold, select yes to reset.

Thanks,

Joe

I did the other reset and it erased all my data but my computer can't recognize the device still (also tried on other computer). The Garmin dashboard doesn't see device connected either.

Are you using an mac or windows pc?

And what operating system?

Thanks,

Joe

I found the problem by jiggling the USB cable the interface on the GPS is defective. Piece of crap. I tried two of these cables lso. it happened to both of them. No more Garmin for me. I'll try Tom Tom next time. Not worth repairing.

John,

I do not work for Garmin nor tom tom etc... However I can honestly say I prefer Garmin products. This is something that can happen with any of them and can be related to a cord being pulled instead of the connector or instead of pulling straight out wiggling as pulling, there are many things that can cause this problem. I am not saying you caused the problem, just explaining some of the ways it can happen.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician