GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

my Garmin 775 keeps starting and gets to "loading Maps" and

then turns itself off and...
my Garmin 775 keeps starting and gets to "loading Maps" and then turns itself off and on repeating over and over.

I have tried updating on my laptop but the Garmin Device is not recognised.

I have held the switch in the ON position for two minutes to re-set, but again to no avail.

Any ideas?
7/26/2013
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

If you plug in the charge/accessory power cable, does the unit then turn on and work?

Home or vehicle, please try both.

When did you purchase it, just need the age of the unit.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,
The unit always turns on with or without power from the vehicle or Laptop, but the same on and off sequence happens without it actually working. Ie it turns on and then reaches "loading maps" before turning itself off and then back on again to repeat the sequence.

The unit was bought 3 years ago

Mick,

Ok, just so I understand correctly even when plugged in it still regardless of what it is plugged into never stays on.

Does it reboot or does it completely turn off and you have to turn back on?

Thanks,

Joe

Constantly reboots

Mick,

If you hold the bottom right of the screen turn the unit on while still holding bottom right, does it allow you to reset it quickly?

If not then the unit will need to be sent in for repair and if they will no longer repair due to end of life then the unit will need to be replaced sadly.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face/rating with
poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The
first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two
are positive and only for those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you
are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I
will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question
is only a deposit you can then click accept or one of the smile faces, but
again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The
rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason
please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe, Technician

It is a lost cause. Thanks for your help.

No problem Mick,

Have a good afternoon.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician