GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I bought a Garmin Forerunner 10 a few months ago from the Westchester

Roadrunner store in White Plains...
I bought a Garmin Forerunner 10 a few months ago from the Westchester Roadrunner store in White Plains New York. The serial number is XXXXX
The problem--the button on the upper right side has stopped working. It won't go into GPS mode, and I cannot even get to timer mode. When I push it, it does not get past the "Getting Location" signal.
Otherwise, the watch still works.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
7/12/2013
Andy, Elec. Consultant
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Where did you buy this Garmin unit from ?

Did you buy it brand new or used / refurbished ?

Westchester Roadrunner store in White Plains, NY. It was new.

Would you like to try a master reset ?

By doing this reset, all user information, workout history, and satellite data will be erased.

That would be fine.

To reset the device:

1. Power off watch (press and hold Light, device will count down and shut off)
  2. Press and hold Enter (top right) and Down button (bottom right)
  3. Press and release Light button to power device back on
  4. Release Enter after first beep
  5. Release Down button after second beep

The reset on the Forerunner 10 is successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard. Try the steps again if the setup wizard does not appear.

Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data

Let me know result via REPLY TO EXPERT button

Followed the instructions. Turned it off, pushed the Enter and Down buttons simultaneously, pushed the light button, turned back on--but never heard any beeps.

As per the symptoms its a hardware failure and the unit needs to be repaired / replaced by Garmin.

In that case dont worry, your unit has 1 year warranty. Garmin will give you free repair / replacement.

Please complete these two easy steps:

Contact Garmin Technical Support to receive an RMA number.

Call or e-mail a Garmin Technical Support Specialist to describe the problem and request a return material authorization (RMA) number. You will need to provide the unit's serial number (if applicable), your return shipping address and a daytime phone number.

Phone: 1-800-800-1020 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

Ship the unit, along with the RMA number, to Garmin.

Once you have received the RMA number, you also will be told what dock number to include in the shipping address. Ship the unit (insured) to the following address and include the assigned dock number:

Garmin International

1200 E. 151st Street

RMA Number: (insert your RMA number here)

Dock Door (insert the dock number here)

Olathe, KS 66062 USA

I am very sorry for giving you bad news, but unfortunately this is the only honest answer.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with (Good / Excellent) SMILEY face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!

Andy, Elec. Consultant

Sorry to hear it, but such is life.

What e-mail address should I use to request an RMA? The wait time by phone is 20 minutes. Thanks.

Email has to be send through the link below :
https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/escalateForm.htm

Thanks and take care!
Andy, Elec. Consultant