Charles
Charles, Engineer
Experience:  Trouble shooting Electronics, FCC communications License
26609390

Garmin 2595 will not turn on.

No symptoms. Just tried to turn on and it wouldn't. It is only 3 months old.......Doug Garmin 2595 

pbmfixs :

Hello, and thanks for your question!!

pbmfixs :

Sorry to hear about your Garmin.

pbmfixs :

When the unit refuses to turn on it can only be a few things.

pbmfixs :

#1, The most common thing is the battery is dead. Check the charger plug. There should be a tip that unscrews to reveal a fuse that can blow out.

pbmfixs :

#2, The charge cord is bad (has a break in it)

pbmfixs :

#3, the battery is bad and needs to be replaced. (probabley not your issue because its pretty new) But it can happen.

pbmfixs :

#4, Check the fuse to the socket you have it plugged into.

pbmfixs :

#5, The power button is defective and needs to be serviced.

pbmfixs :

**************************************

pbmfixs :

NOW, If you checked and all the fuses are good and you have power to the charger, then you have a warrantee issue and should return the unit for repair or replacement.

pbmfixs :

Before you try anything else, push and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds and see if the unit will reset itself. This can often fix small issues. If by chace it does fix the problem then great. But I think you will find that you have a charging issue.

pbmfixs :

If this helps you with your issue please leave a possitive feedback so I get credit for assisting you. If not, im still here to help and will reply back to you when I get your reply.

pbmfixs :

Thanks again, Charles

Customer:

Thx Charles. Holding the power button on did the trick. U rock..........................................Doug

Thanks Doug,

Glad I could help out!!