Excellent - that is what I needed to know.
Here are the reset instructions, and these assume that there is a good level of charge on the unit. So if you have allowed the unit to charge for a few hours - as mentioned above - then this should put the unit back to factory defaults and get it going again. Since you can restore your favorites, don't worry to much about the part where you backup your favorites.
To perform a master reset on nuvi 2200, 2300, and 2400 series devices:
Note: A master reset will erase all favorites and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.
- Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
- Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil (do NOT release pressure on the screen until mentioned below)
- Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen while powering the device ON
- Release the power button when the device powers ON
- You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
- Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
- Touch Yes
- If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites. NOTE: This can take up to 15 minutes.
Please give that a try and let me know what you see along the way - especially if you do NOT see the message about clearing the data.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX