GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

TOM-TOM ONE Canada 310

Customer Question
How do you reset the...

How do you reset the TOM-TOM ONE N14644? I can't find the reset button.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: GPS
2/6/2012
Electronics Technician: Sijad H., Technician replied 5 years ago
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician

If your device has a reset button, it will be located on the underside of the unit and is no bigger that the size of a paperclip. You will either need a paper clip or a needle or something to that effect to push it in to reset it. A ball point pen may work also.

No reset button to be found on the bottom of the TOM-TOM N14644.

There are several different versions of the tom-tom one. What is located on the underside of your specific unit?

It states TOMTOM ONE N14644 Canada 310. Does that help?

Is there a slot for an SD card on yours? I’m just trying to figure out the generation of your tom-tom one.

There's no slot for an SD card. This is a basic model. It only has an on/off button on the top right side of the Tom-tom. I think it's from around 2007. I bought it about 2 years ago.

Alright! To reset your device, you would hold the power button for 15-20 seconds or until the unit comes on and that resets your device.

Click here to view the manual for your device. On page 3 of the manual under where it says "Having trouble”, it states the reset procedure above.

That didn't work. I get no response when I hold down the on/off button for 15 to 20 seconds.

What is wrong with your device?
I can't get the GPS to power up to reset the device.

Ok, sometimes it helps with the reset if the device is plugged into a power source. With it plugged in, hold down the power button for up to 30-45 seconds. If that doesn't work then your device may have an internal failure. When was the last time it worked? Has anything happened to it since?

I had the device plugged in for 2 hours before I contacted you. A green light on the bottom of the GPS lights up when it is plugged into the power source but when I push the on off button nothing happens.

I understand that it is charged, but it helps if the unit is connected to power. If that is not helping then there may be an internal error. I can give you information on how to get repair service on your device.

Ok, but I don't think it’s worth the price to fix it.

Well there's a slight chance they may repair it for you. You would have to call 866(###) ###-####/span> and just explain to them that the green light is on but the unit is not starting. If not, I wouldn't recommend paying for the repair because at the same price you can get a newer unit with better technology and newer maps for the same price or less.

Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Sijad H.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician