Charles
Charles, Engineer
Experience:  Trouble shooting Electronics, FCC communications License
26609390

Where do I purchase an SD card to upgrade my nextar GPS

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm Steve. Thanks for asking your question. I'm sorry to hear about your GPS.

Are you just looking for an SD card or an SD card with new maps?

Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question!

here is a website that you can download the updates from.

www.nexstarsite.com/Book/Updates.htm

I hope this helps answer your question

If so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you,

Thanks again, Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are many selections on this site - How do I know which one to select?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

It looks like another expert and I were trying to assist you at the same time so Im going to opt out and let him assist you.

Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Relist: Answer quality. I just need one site to download an SD card with updated maps. I was given a generic site with numerous categories. This did not answer my questions. Do you need the serial number of my unit, more specifics??

I am still waiting for an answer - how long does this take?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Nothing is happening - may have lost the agent.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

try this.

• Determine the serial number of your Nextar GPS by looking on the back of the unit or on the box it came in. There are two different SD card map upgrades available, and you will need to know the model number and serial number (for certain models) to find the compatible card.

• Visit Nextar.com to order the USA and Canada Maps Update. Check the overview description to see which SD card lists your GPS model number and serial number. Order the matching card.

Remove the existing SD card. This is usually found in a thin, rectangular slot on the side of the Nextar GPS.

Insert the SD card with the maps update into the empty SD card slot. Press until it clicks into place.

Reset the unit by pressing the "Reset" button if there is one or pushing the stylus into the "Reset" hole.

Click the "Navigation" button to have the maps automatically update on the GPS

So the site you need is www.nextar.com

Thanks again,

Charles