GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Just back from a run. Garmin Forerunner 110 working but went

Customer Question
blank and stayed that way...
Just back from a run. Garmin Forerunner 110 working but went blank and stayed that way when I connected it to the computer. No response from any button on it!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: GPS
11/14/2011
Electronics Technician: jjjjm2011, Technician replied 6 years ago
jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician
Hi my name is Josh. How old is this unit?
About 8 months
It sounds like you have a defective battery. Let's see if we can get it to do anything.

First, press and hold Page + Lap buttons to soft reset the unit.

If that does not work, then with the watch off, press and hold Lap/Reset and the Light buttons simultaneously. The watch should prompt you if you want to erase your data.

If those two do not work, I suggest sending it back to Garmin for a free repair since it is under warranty. The instructions are at this link.

jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician
Nothing worked! Hope I can find the paperwork I got when I bought it so I can send it back. Thanks for trying.
G.
You should be able to contact them if you can't find paperwork and give them product information and they can look it up for you.
Sorry Josh,
I accepted an earlier answer and paid and tipped you, as I was not expecting another reply! Can you get me out of the chain without having to pay again?
Yes and thank you for the accept and tip!
What do I do to get out of the chain? The only option I seem to have is to pay again!
I will close the question here. Just ignore the email and it will be updated soon.
Just tried the light/lap combination again and it worked!! Can I up your tip without paying again?
I think so. If it double pays, I'll make sure you get a refund.
jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician
jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Technician