Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

My Magellan 3045 is completely frozen. It will not even be

Customer Question

My Magellan 3045 is completely frozen. It will not even be turned off. How do I reset it? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Turn it on again to the frozen screen when on the frozen screen, hold the power switch in the on position for 10-15 seconds and then turn the unit on. if its still frozen, you will need to connect your unit to your computer and update its firmware. Please download Magellan Content Manager from here http://www.magellangps.com/Content-Manager-Software

1. Download and install Content Manager on your Computer
  2. Turn off your GPS. Connect it to the pc via the provided cable that came with your unit and turn the unit on.
  3. Content manager will automatically prompt you about the update. If Content Manager does not prompt you, right click on the Content Manager icon located in the system tray and select "Check for updates now". Content Manager will inform you if you have the latest software already installed.
If this information was helpful please click accept. If you need further help please ask!