GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

my garmin nuvi 1100 locked up and now only has a blank screen

Customer Question
that says press dot on...
my garmin nuvi 1100 locked up and now only has a blank screen that says press dot on bottom left side of screen & pressing dot does nothing
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2011
Electronics Technician: Andy, Elec. Consultant replied 6 years ago
Andy, Elec. Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

When did you buy this unit

I bought my unit the saturday before easter, at wal-mart in jacksonville florida.

when reading the instruction manual i found out that the unit was dated 2009.

It says in maual to hold start button for 10 seconds to reset, but doing so doesn't work.

I travel for a living & must have my garmin operational ASAP

Did you buy the unit less than 365 days ago ?

Yes only about 2 weeks ago

Please follow the instructions below:
  1. Make sure the Device is turned off
  2. Press and hold the top left corner of the touchscreen
  3. Power the unit on while applying pressure on the top left corner
  4. Continue applying pressure to the top left of the screen, after about 30 seconds, a small dot will appear
  5. Release the touchscreen and accurately touch the dots as they appear*(dots will change location as touched)
  6. Once complete a message will appear, ‘Calibration Complete’, Touch OK
The touchscreen is now calibrated.

Let me know result

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Elec. Consultant
following your instructions did not work. i held top left touch screen then turned unit on, held top left touch screen for 30 seconds a dot did appear on bottom left touch screen but after touching dot nothing else happened

In that case its hardware failure and the unit needs to be repaired. Dont worry, your unit has 1 year warranty. Garmin will give you free repair / replacement.

Please complete these two easy steps:

Contact Garmin Technical Support to receive an RMA number.

Call or e-mail a Garmin Technical Support Specialist to describe the problem and request a return material authorization (RMA) number. You will need to provide the unit's serial number (if applicable), your return shipping address and a daytime phone number.

Phone: 1-800-800-1020 or(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Ship the unit, along with the RMA number, to Garmin.

Once you have received the RMA number, you also will be told what dock number to include in the shipping address. Ship the unit (insured) to the following address and include the assigned dock number:

Garmin International
1200 E. 151st Street
RMA Number: (insert your RMA number here)
Dock Door (insert the dock number here)
Olathe, KS 66062 USA

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

Andy, Elec. Consultant