GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

How do I change my Garmin 500 cycling device menu back to…

Customer Question
How do I change my...
How do I change my Garmin 500 cycling device menu back to english. I accidently changed to another language and cannot read the menus to change it back - HELP!!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: GPS
1/16/2011
Electronics Technician: Andy, Elec. Consultant replied 7 years ago
Andy, Elec. Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

To change the language settings:

1. Touch the Wrench icon which is located on the screen with the Magnifying Glass and Map icon
  2. Touch the Wrench icon
  3. Touch the down arrow1
  4. Touch the Lips/Mouth icon
  5. Touch the top right blue box
  6. Touch the up arrow until you see American English2
  7. Touch American English
  8. Touch OK

The device should be in selected text language.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

THis is the Garmin 500 bike device - called Edge 500 not a car GPS.
Hi

I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.

What does that mean - how long will that take?
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 7 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Thanks for the question. My name is***** sorry for the long wait. Should you still require assistance...

Any idea what language your Garmin is displaying? If not, can you reply with some examples of words you're seeing on the screen?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Muholdak bemer
Seb
Alacsony
Nehezs
I think:
Seb = speed?
Nehez=elevation or grade
Pedal-utem = cadience
Sounds like you guy are experts at car GPS's not the bike systems - this is an Edge500 cycle device. is it alright with you if I just cancel this service.
I will contact Garmin product support tomorrow - thanks anyway..
Lots of Garmin folks on this site... car, bike, etc. If you'd rather talk to Garmin support, no problem. Good luck, and take care!

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Thanks - I assume my AMEX card will not be charged and will call them tomorrow to make sure my account does not reflect any thing.
Regards,
Jeff Cashdollar