GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My GMC acadia has a strange problem, the engine starts fine…

Customer Question
Hi, my GMC acadia...

Hi, my GMC acadia has a strange problem , the engine starts fine but after a few minutes the engine just dies. Also sometimes while I am driving at 2000 2500 rpm the engine just stalls . it seems like there is a loose connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a carburetor?

No Its a 2008 GMC acadia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

We did many things , my friend has a same car so we swapped parts to find the problem . we changes throttle body , fuel pump, purge solenoid valve, crank shaft sensor ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I went to a mechanic and also found no problem, even the scanner has no trouble codes. sometimes it gives a code U0100 ( lost communication with ECM/PCM

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: GMC
5/26/2018
GMC Mechanic: Nate, ASE Master Certified replied 2 months ago
Nate, ASE Master Certified
I would guess that the problem is related to that U0100 code. If the pcm is somehow loosing power or ground that could be the problem and would cause a code like a U0100 without any other codes. Let me look it up in my sustem and see if i can find any common problems. Thanks for your paitence

Thank you for your patience. It looks like there is a connector under the hood that can be problematic on these vehicles. My repair database pointed it out. Ill send over the connector location and the article so that you can review it. X111 the problem connector is #4 in the picture

here is the article. Let me know if you need any assistance in testing this connector. It looks like most guys are simply repairing these connectors by putting new pins in them. they are likely available from a dealer.

2008 Enclave 3.6

2009 Enclave 3.6

2010 Enclave 3.6

2007 Acadia 3.6

2008 Acadia 3.6

2009 Acadia 3.6

2010 Acadia 3.6

2007 Outlook 3.6

2008 Outlook 3.6

2009 Outlook 3.6

2010 Outlook 3.6

Customer Concern:Intermittently while driving, gauges will drop to "0", multiple warning lights will come on.Engine still runs normally.If engine is shut off in this condition, engine will not crank when starting is attempted.Problem is very intermittent, and may correct itself while driving.Engine Control Module (ECM) DTC P0575, U0109, U0140.Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) DTCs U0136, U0140.Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) U0073Transmission Control Module (TCM) U0140 Rear Differential Clutch Control Module (RDCCM) U0100, U0121.During the failure, the scanner will communicate with the all modules between and including the BCM and the RDCCM.

Average Reported Mileage:98296

Tests/Procedures:1. Locate and verify connector X111 is good. Pin K should be a Tan wire. Pin J should be a Tan/Black wire.

2. If OK, place an ohmmeter between pins 6 and 14 of the DLC. A resistance of 60 ohms +/- 10% should be present.

3. If OK, monitor the ohmmeter while pulling, tugging and tapping on components and wire harness between the EBCM and the connector X111.

Tech Tips:The RPO options:
W49 is a Buick Enclave, Z88 is a GMC Acadia and WDA is a Saturn Outlook.