GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I gave a friend a jump with my 2004 GMC Envoy on his

Customer Question
I gave a friend...

I gave a friend a jump with my 2004 GMC Envoy on his motorcycle but I did not start my truck first his bike started right up he rode off and my truck has not started since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is fine I have changed the Mega Fuss and the intion ectronic part anyway lights still come on but it will not turn over. I have tried the 30 min. And 30 sec. Several times but it does not reset the security light. The light only blinks three or four times then just stays solid security until I turn the key all the way over then it blinks three or four times and then reads a solid security.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I've only tried basically what I've already stated and I've tried to start it with a screwdriver at the starter it turns over but will not be start. I've also hooked a portable dignastic reader up to it. It says fule has been disabled and that it anti security system is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it I tried this a while ago but it some how got off on some dream crap make sury card is only charged one time and only if I am stisfied

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GMC
3/29/2018
GMC Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

When doing relearn key should be rotated to the start position on step 1, then left in on position for 10 minutes. Is this what you are doing? Sometimes it can take up to 11 minutes but security light should shut off.

I told you all of what you just told me to do has been done several times over so no I am not satisfied nor should you charge my card for such a redundant answer to my question

I was asking if you did it like I mentioned, I've seen a lot of people do relearn without turning key into start position. Sounds like we started off on wrong foot, I"ll open question back up for someone else to help.

Why would want to send more info. When you can't even give me a satisfactory response on what I've already sent you?
GMC Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 4 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started
GMC Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
eric remington

you will need a scanner that is able to access the modules affected. did you try and turn the key in door lock and unocl several times