GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I’m trying to look up codes po496 And b2725 to find and fix…

I’m trying to look...

I’m trying to look up codes po496 And b2725 to find and fix probs with 4wd and fuel usage

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Just left parts store and ran codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2007 GMC Sierra 2500 had

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes unplugged actuater and plugged back in. Replaced emissions system valve

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Ok

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

is it dsl or gas v8 6.o liter ?

6.0 gas

ok thanks ,6.0

I do not mind calling you, but on phone i can send you files for troubleshoot and will cost you more money, we can later if needed

did click on link to view the P0496 troubleshoot

can you double check that B2725 ,is this number correct

Service 4wd light on some times off others. Shifts into 4 now and then even though it’s in 2wd position. Have to play with knob from time to time to get it in 4 Wd. Now lights on knob only light up when I start truck then they all go black And I have no 4 wd

Ok got it , B2725

click on link to view

3 separate occasions. They tell me transfer case or switch.

there is 2 different transfer case in tgis truck, this for the other cases depending what u have

are you able to view the files ?

2500. One on the differential and trans
Not sure what I have to replace
Not sure what u mean what I have

sorry This for 07 gmc 2500 4wd ,still the same though

you have to run the circuit testing before replacing ,

do you have a test light , a power probe a scaner ,do you know how to test for power and grounds

I tested fuse and battery ground for voyage drops and high resistance. Not sure where in frame 4 wd bolts to to check

G102 is the ground point

click on link to view circuit

I highlighted the circuit yellow for you in this pdf file to check

Chad Farhat
I’ll do more testing. Codes don’t tell you exactly what’s causing truck to throw code.
Phone call session started

ok sounds good let me know

read below how to get back in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician