GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My passenger electric operated mirror is stuck in the closed…

My passenger electric operated mirror...
My passenger electric operated mirror is stuck in the closed position and I would like to know how to repair it or at least get it to the open position on my 2008 Sierra 1500 GMC truck
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

You can open it by hand, have you tried that?

it is very rigid and I'm concerned I might break something

It's made to move manually, though you'll feel some resistance, it should not hurt it to open it manually.

OK will try that can you tell me how to repair it ??

There isn't any repair for the mirror itself, if it has failed internally. There are no serviceable parts inside, and the mirror must be replaced as an assembly. The first step, though, would be to verify that you are getting signal to the mirror for it to fold/unfold, I can give you a schematic for that if you'd like to test that before replacing the mirror.

please send schematic and can you tell me how to pull the mirror?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician