GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2011 GMC Yukon and both front seat heaters stop…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 GMC Yukon and both front seat heaters stop work what just i check first?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Would the water level have an effect on heating the front seats?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I rest the computer because of the module but thats it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
GMC Mechanic: JFN1, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

Disregard the robot response. That was a weird one, the coolant level?

Anyway... have you checked fuses or anything like that yet?

no just printed out the fuse panel & Relay box to start with, have you heard of any problem with module under the seat?

Here and there, we run into issues occasionally.

The module doesn't work independently, though, the seat heater switch is an input to the driver's door switch, which sends a message out on a data bus to the memory seat module to turn the heater on, so there is a lot going on here that needs to be looked at before replacing any parts.

This whole system has scan tool diagnostics, I wouldn't diagnose it without a scan tool just because a scan tool makes it so much easier, you might never figure this out without seeing what the computer sees. My best advice here is to let a pro (i.e. your dealership) handle this. It's not very DIY friendly.

I can get you schematics and things if you like, though.

Very Helpful headed the dealer.Thanks

Good luck with it, I think that's the best call.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.