GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

It has sensors for the handles on the back to lock and

Customer Question
It has sensors for...

It has sensors for the handles on the back to lock and unlock it it will not unlock I've tried everything until the panel off I can't see how to get to the latches to get them off and I need to get the tailgate open

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Anti brake light on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

The window will roll down and the top will roll back but the lock will not unlock

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GM?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm taking the panel off the back door of check the fuses under the seat and inside of them Hood At under the hood area and everything seems to be all right there I've got the panel off the rear tailgate but I can't see how I can unlock it manually I was a mechanic for 23 years but never run across woman Total Electric with this kind of

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's all I need to say like I say I pulled a panel off and can't see how to unlock it manually

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GMC
Yukon xuv 2004 tailgate folds and swings to one side
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Envoy not yukon
3/19/2018
GMC Mechanic: Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. What model is your vehicle

Are you talking about the rear tailgate?

See if this works for you