GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Replaced ignition control module after much testing truck…

Replaced ignition control module after...
Replaced ignition control module after much testing truck started right up and ran for almost an hour very smooth. Was driving to work today and started sputtering and died. Started a couple of times (enough to get me off the road) now won't start at all.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a few minutes to review your question for possibilities and i will be back with you shortly

Have you checked for spark and fuel pressure

I've already been through all that and determined it was the icm with another mechanic on here. As soon as I replaced the icm it started up like nothing was ever wrong. However I am heading back to the truck now and will reply as soon as I get therw

Ok....it could be the pickup coil in the distributor or maybe that new icm is bad

Just wanted to let you know it ended up being one of the wires to the plug on the coil. It was broken inside the connector and I was getting signal pulse because I had it in my hand while testing and I guess it was making contact when the test light probe was stuck in it but not when it didn't have pressure on it. Just wanted to say thank you for the help earlier. Have a good one.
Fixed now and runs like a champ

Ok.....Glad it was something that simple

Todd Audette