GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 1990 GMC Suburban 4x4. I need to replace the ball…

hello i have a 1990 GMC...
hello
i have a 1990 GMC Suburban 4x4. I need to replace the ball joints, and tie rod ends. I found some on ebay, but i'm not sure if they will fit mine or not.
i need a little help.
thank you
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-New-Suspension-Ball-Joint-Tie-Rod-Ends-Kit-for-92-99-Chevrolet-K1500-Suburban/372212469603?fits=Year%3A1990%7CModel%3AK1500&hash=item56a9978f63:g:aBsAAOSwuHdadTDB&vxp=mtr
or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUSPENSION-GMC-K1500-Z71-YUKON-SUBURBAN-88-92-4WD-NEW/322283860690?fits=Year%3A1990%7CModel%3AK1500&hash=item4b099d72d2:g:Rq0AAOSwLnBX9TBw:sc:USPSPriority!97230!US!-1&vxp=mtr
3/16/2018
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

A 1990 Suburban (V1500) is NOT the same as a 1990 K1500. As you know, the old body style carried over on the Suburban, while the trucks were updated.

The steering and suspension parts are NOT the same between the two.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

mine is the v1500? It's the 4 door 4x4 SUV, not a pickup truck.
here is the VIN# ***** it helps 1gkev16kxlf521755

Right, a V1500 is a 4WD Suburban. R1500 is a 2WD Suburban. C1500 is a 2WD truck, and K1500 is a 4WD truck. These are all unique and different vehicles.

JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
thank you much!!!