Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2010 gmc arcadia Service theft Deterant system message on.

Customer Question

2010 gmc arcadia Service theft Deterant system message on. Car will not start. Every thing else seems to work
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Not yet. Will do. I dad jumper cables on it u. Battery low. Car has not been running. Just bought from auction
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A lot of fuses and relays were tharen out went to dealer one got them and installed per diagram.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 8 months ago.

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

Have you had this vehicle running at all or saw it running?
On the surface it sounds like the keys are wrong, not programmed or you have a module that has failed, such at the theft module.

What I suggest is this, do a reset.

Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.

If after the reset you still cannot get it going with a boost, then you will likely need a shop to see what codes are set and diagnose it from there.