GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 1980 gmc c1500. After changing the instrument bulbs…

I have a 1980 gmc...
I have a 1980 gmc c1500. After changing the instrument bulbs my oil pressure gauge and battery gauge fuse blows after reaching 60mph. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok first, remove the 30 amp fuse. never, never use an oversize fuse. you may have done more damage by doing this.

if this issue did not exist prior to the bulb replacement, remove the cluster again and check the connector for any damage or burned pins. also, I believe the connector goes into a printed circuit board.

that board is common for failing.

also, remove the connector from the cluster, and replace with correct fuse and see if the fuse still blows.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im very satisfied with the answer and believe the problem has been fixed. Thank you

your welcome

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

Roy

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer