GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

It will not start. Checked it just put on a new starter and…

Customer Question
It will not start ...

It will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Checked it just put on a new starter and battery went dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2000 model k15706

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I havent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you post the engine liter size for me here on this model?

Is the starter not engaging to crank over the engine and is it acting like a dead battery issue?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic