GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

07 GMC Yukon Denali Intermittent issues with battery drain.

Customer Question
07 GMC Yukon Denali...

07 GMC Yukon Denali Intermittent issues with battery drain. Next to last time completely drained, sat for 3 days before I realized it. Had to disconnect from vehicle to get it to charge. Battery tests good. Now only the speaker in the front driver's side post works, no chimes or turn signal indicators, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far only checked the fuses. I'm researching now find out if others have experienced this because I will be trying to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
3/12/2018
GMC Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

we need to run this below test to find this small drain, sincd taking 3 days to drain

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does not take three days to drain. Will drain overnight. Just happened that incident that all the issues came up was three days before I discovered it. That happened about 4 months ago, but this problem has been going on for more than a year and a half.I have HUM device from Verizon now that alerts me when the battery drops below 11.8v and may not start. It has dropped into the yellow zone once in the past 1.5 months and the red zone once. Had to be jumped off when it hit the red zone.I will be repairing myself.

ok i got you ,

one day drain is a big drain

so we still need the parasitic drain test done

or have it scanned with gm techII scanner and read faults in all hummer modules to see if any modules indicating faults that is the next step to narrow it down when it comes to drain

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat