GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Where is the over ride for the gear shift on a 2016 terrain?

Where is the over...

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Its original, only 29k on it and nothing leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, it is parked on a slight downhill

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that tells the story

3/11/2018
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

There is no override, but it doesn't sound like you need the override. If it's parked on an incline, the weight of the car is probably pushing against the parking pawl, and to get the shifter to move from park, you simply need to muscle it a little bit more than you are used to.

The catch here would be the shifter button. If you step on the brake, does the button release and allow you to depress it? Or does the button stay out and won't depress?

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

I had it towed to the dealership, since it was still under warranty, hopefully they can fix the problem. Thanks for your answer!!

You're welcome, good luck with it!

JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician