GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

7.4 vortec runs extremely, 1997 k2500, OH boy.....NEW tank…

Customer Question
7.4 vortec runs extremely...

7.4 vortec runs extremely rich

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

1997 k2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

OH boy.....NEW tank fuel pump, filter, injectors FPR MAP ECT O2 sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes I can scan. ST is extremely rich on one bank and lean on the other. almost always the same except opposite ie -50% and _50%

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Jus checked MAF HZ is stable and increases with thrott

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GMC
3/6/2018
GMC Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Ok

The only other thing that would cause this would be a bad computer if ALL that you say is good.

I would check MODE 6 to see all the values it's providing you.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

I'm here to help you.

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.