GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2008 escalade and the stabili trak and engine

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 escalade and the stabili trak and engine reducelight keeps coming on so replaced brake part but not sure if its the throttle body or not,warranty doesn't cover parts, just got this vehicle feb. 2017 from clay cooley and they are no help to me, is their a recall on this with gmc at all? how would I find out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Dignostic said p127 accelerator pedal position sensor 2 circuit low voltage so we replaced the part 2 wks ago but it keeps coming on and slowed down again, no havent checked brake fluid, that can cause car to stall huh?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Got a diagnostics and company tried to charge us $1500.00 so we took it to another mechanic and he put the part on for us and it was running fine then a week later it started up again, so mechanic reset by undoing battery thought it was just light sensor but know now its not so maybe throttle body needs replacing as well? ONly thing we did was replaced accelerator and brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all...thank you!

2/19/2018
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

The code, does it have a P0127 or is there another number in a different spot?

P2127 is all I saw
will check paper work, for some reason place I got diagnostic didn't give me a print out but wrote out what it was and tried to charge us $1500.00 to replace other things that they felt needed to be replaced but only gave this code
at work unable to talk on phone right now, what do you think is problem?
Cam are you still with me, waiting for an answer please?

Ok sorry, got stuck outside for a bit dealing with snow.

unable to talk, at work but really need to know what u think

There is information on connector issues. The bulletin the link at the bottom has better info than I can post so I will post it.

The defroster grill comes out after after taking A pillar trim off then it pops out.

I think its a wiring issue. Check pins carefully, put electronics grease in all connectors and then evaluate the issue.

thank u

Again sorry for the delay. If you want, you can save this question as a favourite and refer back to it for follow up info on this issue if you need.