GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My doors want open from the inside or from the outside? 2008…

My doors want open...

My doors want open from the inside or from the outside?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2008 Yukon Denali

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to the shop but they seemed puzzled.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They replaced my handles since they were broken.

2/16/2018
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

is this all the doors or just drivers door?

Is it electronically that they don't open? Does it work with the key?

It’s all the doors where the handles were replaced. The drivers doors opens after about 2-3 times of putting the key in and hitting the unlock switch.
It's all doors where the handles were replaced. The drivers doors open after about 2-3 times of putting the key in and hitting the unlock switch.
If you manually the pull the lock tab, will it open then?
No
Ok, if the door latch either mechanically or electronically will not open, then it’s a mechanical issue with the latch. I would try spraying loads of brake clean while operating the latch to try and clean it then lube with light oil like wd40. If that does not fix it then the latch assemblies need to be replaced. I would like to know what brand the replacements were?
I ordered them from 1A Auto Quality Parts
Part #1ADHSOO480
It was a four piece set for $63.95
That nights explain it. My experience with auto parts is that you get what you pay for.
Ok thanks I’m taking it to a GMC dealer in the morning

Ok, sounds good.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic