GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My service air bag light came on my radio dosent work and my…

My service air bag...

My service air bag light came on my radio dosent work and my anti theft light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

And my car dosent start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

Now my car started

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GMC?

2013 acadia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happens never seen the lock and car symbol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Strange how this all happens at once

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Is the radio still inactive and airbag light still on after vehicle started?

Both side detection lights are staying on

Is the radio working?

Radio dose not work

It sounds like a possible bad battery, bad ground, or failing body control module. I'd recommend cleaning battery cable and having battery tested, if that doesn't help dealership is gong to be next step to check diagnostic codes and go from there. If body control module has failed it is about a $600 repair at a shop, this controls all of the vehicles electronics. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Seems to start up no problem now still no radio and all other problems going on could AutoZone check with there meter to see what the problem is

Autozone doesn't have a scantool that will be able to check body control module codes so that probably won't be very helpful although you have nothing to lose. You can disconnect battery for 10 minutes and that might reset system. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

How do I disconnect the battery
Can't even see the battery

It is located in floor in front of rear passenger seat, if you look in owners manual you should be able to find a diagram. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

I'll see if I can find a diagram or you also.

Here is a video I found, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsQRZE-M_O0

Is just the red side ok to disconnect

Yes that is fine, then leave it disconnected for about 10 minutes. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Or with battery disconnected you can touch both of the cables together for about 2 minutes.

I disconnected both side waiting 10 minutes

Sounds good, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

That did not work radio still off still says service air bags

Next step is going to be checking codes, you can try autozone first but the scantool they use might not be very helpful. Let me know how it goes, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fee's with codes. Thanks.

Strange sound coming from someplace almost like a grinding nose when car is on also the radio started working but no satellite radio
No scans at AutoZone

I​ think you are going to be stuck with dealership for this one, they would need to reprogram new module either way. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.

Had to be done at dealership is there any warranty on this

I​ don't think this is going to be covered under any warranty, this wouldn't be considered part of the powertrain. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Should I buy a extended warranty if yes would it cover this also where would I buy it

I don't think a extended warranty is needed, vehicle should be problem free for most part where extended warranty most likely wouldn't be needed. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

Same problem as the last time the sender's in the back of the car had to be replaced again fighting with GMC to see why this keeps doing this

Strange, I have not seen that effect radio. Good to hear it is fixed though, thanks for update.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician