Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Databases
17871496

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 and the brake pedal will stick

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 and the brake pedal will stick to the floor after pressing. I have to use my other foot to pull the pedal back. Put on a new master cylinder, bench bled, bled the lines and even tried a new booster check valve. Still sticking. Any ideas?
JA: Have you tried cleaning and oiling the brake pedal's pivot under the dash?
Customer: Yes, and releasing the the nut to the point if it is released any further it will come off.
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a GM certified, 25 year mechanic who lubed the pedal and said it needed a new master cylinder. Had another mechanic help me replace the master cylinder, bench bleed and line bleed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great!

This means the booster itself needs to be replaced. This can either be caused by booster or master cylinder, more commonly the booster. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.