GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2010 Acadia won’t shift to park. No leaking. Haven’t tried…

2010 Acadia won’t shift...

2010 Acadia won’t shift to park

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t tried anything yet when shift to park display says it’s in reverse and car will roll

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The button on the shifter is very hard to press when in the park position on console but it reads reverse on instrument display

1/24/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Are you able to move the shifter stick to park position?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the shifter will go up to park position but trans won’t it displays as reverse on gauge cluster

Does the display still show reverse when you move shifter to neutral or drive?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No it reads correctly when in other position

Do you have any other questions?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The plastic clips on the retainer where the linkage mounts to the trans is broke slowing a lot of play an you change just that piece or do you have to change the whole cable

Unfortunately the plastic piece is not sold seperately and has to be replaced as part of the cable assembly

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok sounds good thanks

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh