GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I am changing my alternator. It gives two option 145 or 160…

I am changing my alternator...
I am changing my alternator. It gives two option 145 or 160 not sure which to pick and does it matter?
1/23/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

yes it does matter , you can look at the alternator itself you took off and match brand and part number and should have a label showing 140 or 160 .

you do not want to go to low or to high ,will give electrical problems

if you have like a towing package on it , most time it will be 160 , but give me vin# ***** will try to look it up or help you how to identify it

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
1GYFK66817R211079 vin

We actually have 3 on this 125,140 and 160

if you click on link to view pdf file you will see RR for alternator , look at the back of it where battery cables hooks up , it should tell you

the vin # by itself will not specific, since it could light duty , no added options , 125 usually, towing package , 140 or towing and nave and dvd etc

then 160

where is old alternator

I sent you all 3 part # , compare to label if no specific number indicating AMPERAGE

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Chad I still have the old alternator in. I like to buy parts so when one goes I can just get it swapped quick

ok i got you

can you see label on old one, amp raring or part # ?

or tell me if you towing package ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It says DR44 on it

DR44 is a 145 AMP AC Delco brand

this what you have .

there is a blue label do you see it

does is say DR44G or Just DR44 .

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I dont see a blue label but written on the actual alternator it says DR44 no G

its A 145 AMP IF ONLY DR44

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
thx!
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat