GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

1995 GMC van 2500 vandura cargo van. Heater core is leaking.

Need to change started taking...
1995 GMC van 2500 vandura cargo van. Heater core is leaking. Need to change started taking out already but I can't seem to find the bolts holding the dash frame.
1/22/2018
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall I have attached a file showing how to remove the dash. Its very difficult for me to try and direct/explain each and every step etc, Here is the file link

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required. Thanks, Randall

does all the plastic trim come off with the frame. This doesn't really elaborate where the bolts are..

I understand but these AR factory diagrams and none others exist. on fig diagram 28 it shows the main screws at top and the bolts going up under. this is after you do the other steps. Its not going to be a frame its a re enforced vynil panel persay

cluster trim, then cluster, then drop steering column , then ceneter consul, then radio and heater unit, is the bulk of the steps it shows in that file

Ok I see I was a bit confused because the there is a bar going across the heater box. So ounce I remove all of the visible screws I should be able to remove all the trim how it shows it on the picture. Can you send me instructions on changing the heater core.

will do, I will send as the factory information shows,. back then repair info not as good as it is now. back shortly

Ok, you will have to look at this carefully, it labels screws, shows screws by #'s, nuts where they are etc. Once the case it out? you will remove the screws to split the case to remove the old core

This is not the easiest job and I have sent every bit of repair information as I can and is available

here is the link

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall

Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for the info. Got everything off but the box. It reads that there are three screws on one side and one on the other. I only found two on one side and one on the passenger box still seems stuck

I am reading 3 nuts and 1 screw which means 3 nuts under hood at firewall and one screw inside. If I remember correct, one of the nuts could? be on a stud and down low, I remember really having to search for one of them and had to feel around