GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Liftgate will not open, when open manually lift gate motoer…

Customer Question
Liftgate will not open...

Liftgate will not open, when open manually lift gate motoer sounds like it is running but does not do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2008 gmc acadia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected battery. turned key to on position with out starting car and held liftgate button to try and reset sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
1/18/2018
GMC Mechanic: Ryan Schott,
 replied 7 months ago
Ryan Schott

Do you have your vin handy? There is a recall for the liftgate module needing to be reprogrammed on these years I can look and see if it has been performed. If it has not been done you can take it to any chevy gmc buick dealer and have it performed for free, it will also cover the liftgate struts if they have failed.

1gker33788j124808
Are you going to answer my question?