GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I just bought a new battery at autozone and they put it in…

I just bought a...

I just bought a new battery at autozone and they put it in but the next day when I tried to put 2006 gmc envoy into two wheel drive from auto it just flashes and then moves to four wheel drive high. Is there anything I can try before replacing the transfer case motor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes the voltage is fine but no I cant see if it is leakig at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself. My wife just got home and told me whay was going on so I have just disconnected the battery so far. I have just been doing research right now.

1/10/2018
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

sense it did work before replacing the battery,,

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem

What will that do? It wont cause any sparks or anything?
I am not working on it now. It is midnight here where I live so I will be working on it in the morning.

no.sparks..it will clear the BCM [body control module]..if it has two batteries,be sure to disconnect them both before touching the cables together

thanks

I tried what you said but when I got back in the car to tak the keys out the key wont come out. It is stuck. Help?
nevermind I fixed it. I changed the trasfer motor case.

sorry i missed you

glad you got it going

Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic