GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My 2003 GMC Yukon XL Driver Information Center (DIC) has…

Customer Question
Hi there, my 2003...

Hi there, my 2003 GMC Yukon XL Driver Information Center (DIC) has frozen and is not working anymore.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon XL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I looked at the fuse box and tried to find the fuse for the Driver Information Center (DIC) but I can't locate it. Is there a fuse for it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, I checked the owner's manual and checked also the two fuse boxes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'd like to know if this is a simple fuse issue or a larger electrical problem. Everything else works fine, except the Dashboard. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
1/9/2018
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check the IPC/DIC 10 amp fuse and/or the SEO B1 15 amp fuse and the IGNE 10 amp and SEO IGN 10 amp fuse fuse in the under hood fuse panels.These control the driver information center.You may not have the a;; of these fuses as there are different options for the information center on your model but you will have at least 2 of these fuses.If they are o.k. try removing these fuses for about 5 minutes then reinstall them to see if it resets and works properly from there.

If this does not work and fuses are o.k. then this is an internal fault in the driver information center and the instrument cluster will need removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete, I checked and actuelle changed thé four fusée you mentionnés. Thé dashboard ré mains frozen. Anything else I can check myself?

Unfortunately, the instrument gauge cluster would have to be tested to see if it has an internal circuit board fault.If it has an internal circuit board fault then it will have to be repaired or removed and replaced.Since the fuses are o.k. and the reset did not work this would have to be done.It sounds like an internal fault with the circuit board or processor in the instrument gauge cluster that controls the DIC which I have seen before.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete